- Hold hair shear in closed position, firmly in left hand (or right hand if you are left-handed), place blades of hair shear on a table or solid surface.
- Select a screwdriver that fits closely in the slot in the pivot screw.
- Hold screwdriver firmly in right hand (or left if left-handed)
- Bear down on the screw so you will not slip and burr the screw head.
- Turn the screw head. Turn the screw about ¼ turn clockwise and check tension.
- Continue to turn in ¼ increments until there is the amount of tension you prefer between the blades when the hair shear is opened and closed (usually one shear blade should drop about 1/3 closed and stop).
- If the screw will not turn, try loosening the screw first (counterclockwise) then try to tighten.
If you still can not get your hair shear adjusted right. You can send it in to Custom Sharpening with a note attached telling us how you would like it adjusted.